
I TOTALLY agree .... pigeons are NOT our friends when it comes to the damage they do to our local pier & boardwalk. If interacted with properly ... it wouldn't be an issue, but it's just too easy for people to hand a cracker or piece of bread to a toddler & listen to them giggle with delight while feeding the birdies! I confess, I did it myself MANY moons ago- before I was paying taxes to help keep the damage under control! (before I was educated about it for that matter). In our walk to "chat" with mom on her bench yesterday .... I noticed that while 97% of the birds were the "typical" grey version of the unpopular fowl .... there are some variations that are cool looking. NOT attractive enough to want hanging around on the light pole above me mind you- but .....
I am thankful that our yard feeders don't attract them ... otherwise they wouldn't be there! Today, we hosted a couple of bluejays that were dominating the pack .... but for the most part, ALL varieties were playing well together. (the kitty kats sure like the view)
No comments:
Post a Comment