I'm NOT kidding - but I'm perplexed .... how can a day be long AND short?? 

get a hobby.
I have the joy of RE-entering the world of Sweet Adelines. This is especially meaningful because my departure a few years back was under painful circumstances. Being a part of this talented & amazing group of women makes my life busier & adds some minor anxieties .... but mostly ... it makes life (more) well rounded.
THAT BEING SAID ... our "regular" rehearsals are on Tuesday evenings, lasting about 2.5-3 hours. Doesn't sound like much time right? BUT- bear in mind that it is a rehearsal ... NOT a practice. Therefore .... one should have practiced at home already ... then show up at rehearsal to perform. For some - that might mean an hour or so a day, but for me- joining the chorus just a month from regional competition .... it's more. It's learning notes, memorizing lyrics, figuring out choreography, and .... loosing sleep. Dreaming about performing, thinking about words and facial expressions, over (and over and over). sooooooooooooooo ......
With Tuesdays being wrapped around chorus for a while (3 songs for now .... probably 7 more over the next few months) .... I'm thinking about using an older photo for my project 365 on these days, then journaling about why I chose it. 

so I started with a really cool pic .... of my mom. I printed the picture out as 7X9, embellished it slightly, and journaled on the back of it- and slid it into a page protector :o)
AND THEN ..... I went back to practicing my music!

No comments:
Post a Comment