Wednesday, April 27, 2011
a house divided
We currently have 3 houseguests .... and each day, I have noticed various levels & types of division amongst the ranks. The obvious, would be 5 men VS 1 woman (but I still outnumber them in votes according to my standards). There are generational gaps that are observed during conversations (one who talks to hear the sound of his voice, one who talks regardless of anyone's interest, and one who talks little because he can't hear half of what's being said), daytime activity differentials (sitting around VS running errands VS hiking), vastly opposite food preferences (salads, VS sweet carbs VS meat & potatoes), and morning schedules as well (7am VS 8 am VS 10am ... and counting). Personalities aside, I find these males so different from how they approach even the most menial of tasks that I'm surprised they can inhabit the same space with any commonality at all. But then ... I think this is more a "man thing" .... since women don't tend to congregate with women they don't relate to- more than once (unless you're a Real Housewives castmate). hmmmm ... how does that saying go .... he who knows what he does not know. (I like that guy best)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment