Monday, December 31, 2012

at the strike of midnight

There is something about the changing of the year that gives me hope.  I know better, but for this evening ... I WANT to believe in the hopes of a healthy & prosperous new year for those I love & care about.  I can't complain about 2012 in total ... there were many things for which I am thankful.  But the losses that overshadow the good times are difficult to set aside. (with good reason)  So in all honesty, I am looking forward to a calendar with a change in emotional venue. 
I am not one for resolutions.  They are for a select few.  I focus instead on 1 or 2 goals or commitments.  I don't preach or tout them.  I keep them to myself.  But I am not without "plans" for the coming year. 
HOWEVER, since the the change in digits is yet a few hours away... I do make one wish right now.... that my friends & family are safe & healthy to welcome the coming of 2013.  I wish it very, VERY much!!

No comments: