Tuesday, January 1, 2013

sleep in heavenly peace .... (I'm looking forward to it)

I have just finished load #5 of wash.  Both guest beds are dressed in clean sheets.  Kitty-sitting duties across the street have been accomplished. Dinner is almost to the table & little miss Addy ... our guest for the next few days is squeaky clean.   These are all good things ... good-er yet, the noise level of the house has fallen 10 fold!  On January 28th- grandson Anthony joined us in welcoming the Johnsons & Beltrano families ... arriving for their annual stay to ring in the new year. 


We only had a couple of scheduled activities .... so the goings-on were subject to whatever, whenever ... bookcased by eating!  On the eve of 2013.. the Twilight Zone marathon was playing as backround music to conversations, homework, conference calls, grilling & baking.  By this morning (which started a little later than the ones prior .... I might add),  linens were tossed into the laundry room and discussion began to break out the RockBand equipment.  Gabbie (a teenster) stepped to the plate to set everything up, and with coaxing ... the majority of the household was taking turns at one thing or another.  Chris, April, & sissy to Anthony .. miss Addy arrived early this afternoon & between the game & bodies present- the noise level rose steadily til the sun went down!! 
as of this moment ... with many chores completed, the house lays quiet, save a sweet voice asking for a drink of water, or to sit on grampa's lap to watch tv (Annie).  The Captain ... is hoping his dish washing duties have subsided for awhile (the dishwasher runs more over this gathering than in 6 months total), and I .... well I'm hoping the peace & quiet lasts for a while.  I love the house filled with music & laughter, but I appreciate it MORE ... when I've had it's counter part for a while.  I've given myself permission to take tomorrow off from the majority of duties ... with the goal of starting the Christmas decluttering on Thursday!  AND I'D LIKE TO MENTION ... that when I hit the sack tonight ... I will be thinking about how wonderful it was to spend time with some of my favorite people during the holidays!!!

No comments: