Thursday, February 11, 2010

ROUTINE ?? I'll take it!

spontaneous? me? not very.
open to suggestion? pretty much
routine? fine with me!
And by routine I am meaning (for myself) knowing what to expect. Having a certain amount of "order" to my life that keeps me grounded and on keel. Certain things done in certain ways, on a regular basis so that life isn't a constant thinker's game. just muscle memory. DON'T GET ME WRONG- I don't mean others can't be spontaneous within my life! A call from the grandkids telling me they are on the road & will be at my house in an hour is A-O-K. The neighbors hollering, "come on over & hang out with us at the firepit" is great.
Of course with wanting "routine" (I have found) does require others to have what I would like to know is routine for them as well. Like, hmmm, perhaps, doing one's job?! You call some place at some time and ask for something to be taken care of some how and instead ... someone does something other than what you've asked .... if they even do anything at all. THEN my routine life is shot to hell because I have to come out of my routine (the ahhh of Pismo) to fix things. Oh my ... what has my obsession with customer service led to? HA.
Anyway- I am lucky to have enjoyed some of my "routine" this morning before heading out to work .... which I shall now routinely do for a Thursday morning! tah-tah

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

I think you may have finally learned the lesson. No people at work are not going to work. They will leave you to do it!