Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I must be special, they got me in without a reservation!

let me make this short & sweet (?) .... I figured it was the flu. started the same as it usually does (for me) but lingered .... The headache that usually starts fading as the throne-hugging winds down lingered. Even once I started nibbling & tried Motrin, Tyleno, & hydro-codone .... the headache pounded. no sleep, no rest, no sunlight, no noise, no relief. 'TO THE DR' says the Captain. Blood tests, & my explanation of symptoms repeated (over & over) dehydrated to be sure. Started on Gatorade cut 50% with water .... cuz I didn't like anything sweet or salty. Drink, drink, drink. Called back into the Dr's office for results, then sent directly to the hospital. Hook me up to a drip ..... ahhhhhhhh, the first sleep in days!!
Fortunately, I had pushed the boys out the door almost every day so they would be doing some of what they came to do. BUT, they hovered & worried & used lots of excuses to come home & check on me too.

No comments: