Thursday, June 24, 2010

last eve in Wildwood ....

Tomorrow is the "wind up" to destination Pismo. I sit here at the Lotus Inn, near the pool as the rain starts to thin. We had some thunder & lightening, then a great downpour that ended too soon for me ..... BUT, it shoo'd everyone indoors and it was me, my laptop (our clothes in the dryer of the laundry room), and the rain tapping rapidly in the pool surface. I loved it. Now, the sprinkles are barely audible & people are starting to peek from behind their doors, so I will likely take myself to more solitary confines before long. The Captain has just returned with the last of his white creme donut purchases. Hopefully, he has had his fill (?) of "authentic" philly cheese, frozen custard, & pork roll sandwiches for a while. Before too many days, he will be thinking about things he missed out on or will remember to check "next time". I think Pop has accomplished what he set out to do.... see old friends & places, that he may not be back to visit again, while he can still appreciate them. His gift to us was a lot of stories & rememberances of what happened here or what went on there. We stepped into his shoes to retrace the path he took when he would walk over to visit his "sweetheart" in the years before they married. We went to many of the places they went to as a couple ... even if the business (or even the building) no longer existed! It was a wonderful journey with him. Tomorrow- we will be taking the ferry, so we'll see what pictures I can come up with!

1 comment:

Cindy Welch said...

so glad you are feeling better!!!!!!