Sunday, May 15, 2011

"DAD" ... by my definition



THIS man- is my Dad (I call him "Pa" ... most of the time).

He took on this hearty task when I was 11. Within the first year, he had me wrapped around his little finger (although he might profess the same about me). There came a day, 6 years later when he & mom were contacted by the donor that should have been responsible for me (at least on some level). At the time, I remember mom telling me that dad was scared he was going to lose me, but he encouraged me to explore the opportunity being presented. (I was 2 the last time I was with him) And it didn't take long for this other person to prove he was not father material. My "real" dad .... by my definition, is this man you see here. He has always been there for me. Always loved me with all his heart. He even shared his green eyes with me! Most importantly of all- he has never turned away from me. Never abandoned me, in any way. He is .... TRULY .... my dad!!

No comments: