Therein lies the exception. I love to listen to the rain. I love being in a quiet, comforting, light subdued space, alone in my own creative thoughts. Under the majority of circumstances .... this would be my first choice at such a moment. These are usually the nights I am still cutting, clipping, fashioning, positioning, & gluing late into the dark hours (or wee ones of the morning sometimes) - but on this particular evening .... my Captain is away on business and I feel his absence. During the daytime, and including the early evening, it's nice to have "unaccountable time" ... when I lose track of the clock. When I do what just seems natural to do at that moment, without schedule- but when the skies are black, & it's time to shuffle pops off to bed, check the locks and fold down the bedding .... that's when I notice the emptiness of the nest. Without the in-person "goodnite my love" ... it's the exception to the stay up late, craft & design, relish the solice, rule. So this particular rainfall, was less appreciated than most.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Exceptions to the rules
Therein lies the exception. I love to listen to the rain. I love being in a quiet, comforting, light subdued space, alone in my own creative thoughts. Under the majority of circumstances .... this would be my first choice at such a moment. These are usually the nights I am still cutting, clipping, fashioning, positioning, & gluing late into the dark hours (or wee ones of the morning sometimes) - but on this particular evening .... my Captain is away on business and I feel his absence. During the daytime, and including the early evening, it's nice to have "unaccountable time" ... when I lose track of the clock. When I do what just seems natural to do at that moment, without schedule- but when the skies are black, & it's time to shuffle pops off to bed, check the locks and fold down the bedding .... that's when I notice the emptiness of the nest. Without the in-person "goodnite my love" ... it's the exception to the stay up late, craft & design, relish the solice, rule. So this particular rainfall, was less appreciated than most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment