JULY 12, 1964 ..... I know I will be getting a baby sibling any moment now. My older brother & I are awaiting a phone call from Dad, as soon as it happens! (he will go to a pay phone that hangs on a wall in the waiting room. He will put money in it to use it, & when our phone at home rings, I will have to go the the wall, where it hangs and answer it while standing there .... there is a cord that connects the phone base to the receiver. There is NO SUCH THING as a cordless phone or a cell phone). Honestly, I don't remember what time of day it was ... although I imagine it was very late at night or in the weeeee hours of the morning. (some people love making an entrance). NO ONE, including the OB, expected twins .... so imagine my surprise (not to mention mom's) when dad called to tell me I had 2 little sisters. And LITTLE was the right word. They weighed in at 2-11 & 3-14. There was a significant hospital stay, and had I been more knowledgeable rather than excited, I would have slept a lot more before they came home!! I was caretaker #2 most of the time and, they slept in MY room! I may have missed out on a function or two -for babysitting, and there may have been a few times when what I needed had to be set aside for something they did .... but in the ___ years since they were born, I have NEVER wished them away. I may have wished they would go to sleep, or wished they would stop drinking out of my glass, but I loved them from the moment I first held them, and that love has continued to grow. They have gone from my own "babydolls", to bratty little sisters, to adorable shadows, to fine young women, to some of my bestest friends. And today- is their BIRTHDAY. Oh happy day to you Cindy & Lindy!!
1 comment:
You must have been just a wee one then since I am so young myself!!!!!! If you knew how FABULOUS I would be when I turned 27, you would have enjoyed not sleeping and let me drink from your glass without yelling at he! tee hee!! Love Ya Twin Number UNO
Post a Comment