The night before Addy left, I finished recording the storybooks that we had bought for each of them. (What a clever idea someone came up with, to have your voice be a regular reminder to the grandkids of how much you love & miss them.) I wrapped them up like presents and told April they could be opened at her discretion (in case she needed to them as a bribe for "silencing them" on the ride home). I found out the following day that #1 she barely finished her sentence of approval when the paper was off and #2 they immediately began turning pages and listening to me reading the stories to them!
However .... herein lies the tale of which I titled this post. Anthony absorbed in his story, was taking it in one page at a time. Addy, on the other hand ... was doing was Addy does best.... trying this, testing that, pushing in, switching over, etc. And pretty soon, she brought the book to mom & told her that "gramma wasn't talking to her anymore". She had systematically erased nearly every page & recorded herself turning pages & sometimes talking to me!! April had to deal with a few minutes of pouting, but finally convinced her that gramma would fix her book when she sees us in a couple of weeks. Sounds like a drop of super glue might be in order (?)
No comments:
Post a Comment