TODAY was especially nice .. being kept company by a couple of grasshopper high jitterbugs and their parents- as we marveled through Monarch Grove and outward to the beach.
Besides the contagious level of energy I was surrounded by, the sunshine was a pure source of warmth that may have started on my nose & cheeks (and my rarely UNsweatshirted arms) .... but radiated inwardly to my heart and soul. I felt (nearly) like my pre-cancer diagnosis self .... for the first time in 5 months.
The smile you see is genuine, and well appreciated by the person owning it.
Namely, me.
For whatever heaven-sent reason ... my routine has been quite likeable of late... and quite missed, I might add. I have been up past midnight every night for almost a week without need of a lie-down period during the day. I have been creative and productive, and goal oriented. I have been UNweepy as well.
WHY? you ask.
I have no idea.
But I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts ... and with company in numbers adding up every day for the next few ... I am SOOO hoping it does last for at least a wee while.
The grandkids are with us for a few days- following a long discussion about sharing, politeness, inside voices, and getting along with each other. They sorely miss each other when we take them separately, but often bicker continually when together.
BUT- we did get through this first 10 hours with good vibes & thumbs up from gramma at bedtime for being part of a really good day. We've sent mommy and daddy home for some couple re-charge time & space- with the hopes that this be the FIRST TIME in the last 3 attempts ... that these little monkeys get to stay the entire time planned. MY health issues and unexpected ups & downs have forced early returns tooooo many times already and we have much to do & enjoy. With hope on my part that there are many outings such as today in my future.... and more importantly with this adorable twosome - we will venture forth toward 2014 with as much optimism as we can muster, medicated or not.
There are many who wish this right alongside us, and I would hate to disappoint them !!!
a GORGEOUS day in Pismo Beach !!


No comments:
Post a Comment