There is only one thing about coastal fog that I love even more than waking up early in the morning to find our community enveloped in its tufts - and that would be when it rolls in silent and ghostly .... nibbling away at the trees & rooftops until it blankets the sounds all around us. And while it has done so unappreciably on the 4th of July numerous times .... I don't really mind. I love it's creeping manor. I love the way it sometimes sends out a lasso to tug at the blue sky. It can billow in erogantly or, like today, tip toe along like a game of "mother may I" .... moving closer only when I look a way for a few minutes at a time. Most politely, it did not encroach on the Captain's sunset. How polite & gentle it is for us. And it's brought an unexpected chill that makes for a great backdrop to light a fire & watch a movie. And so we shall.
Barista, bring me a latte please!
No comments:
Post a Comment