Tuesday, April 7, 2009
the lioness is protecting her young
YEP, I admit- even at 33 & 29 .... they are still cubs to me! My sons are 2 of my treasures. An occassional let down (well duh) but loving & caring always. They have both had to make some difficult decisions and choices in life. Some of them valiant, some not so perfect- but they are also pretty good at admitting their errs. They did not have it easy at a time in their life when they were still forming morals, ethics, conscience- but I am ALWAYS proud of them. They are respectful & compassionate. I still mother them, I still stick my nose in with an occassional lecture and they still ACT like they are listening. To their credit, they hard working & hard playing. and they love their mama :o) So, even though they did not have the best of times or the worst of times- they are good men and a great joy (and source of laughter) in my life. This is not an easy time to be bringing up children (not to mention just taking care of oneself), so sometimes the changes we have to make are not simple or even fair. But we make them with the tools we are equiped with and hope for the best. And though I wish it could be easier or even more fruitful, it is what it is. These days, more than ever- we need to take a moment to think about something we ARE THANKFUL for rather than dwell on things we can't change (at least for the moment). Maybe even more than once a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment