Sunday, January 1, 2012

I can't have it all (I guess) ... where would I put it, & what would I have to look forward to?

or so I keep telling myself.
Don't get me wrong. I am thankful for all that I have. Relative to many, I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. But ....
Christmas was not as planned. With all that was happening, all the distractions, there was no tree, a few community events were passed up, half our seasonal movies went unviewed, and the biggest disappointment .... no grandkids to liven up the household. Considering we had food on our table & a sturdy roof over our heads, I feel guilty that I even consider it shortchanged .... but it was my expectations that are really to blame. Since the time has already been lost, I am making an effort to get over my feelings of a less than cheery holiday .... knowing I REALLY am blessed with so much in my life. AND .... there is always next time. Let us not turn this into a bah humbug!!

No comments: