Sunday, January 1, 2012

rocky road - dessert or desperation

Let me begin by wishing all who pass by my ponderings .... I hope there has been a time or two when something I have posted made you smile, made you cry, or made you ponder in your own way.
THAT BEING SAID .... I begin this new year thinking of what has been a blessing, & that which is not so- and the words "rocky road" came to mind. As ice cream ... yummy, as a descriptive for every day living .... not so yummy. (although less fattening) Argue-ably there has been far more ice cream than potholes ... but the latter tends to stick in our thoughts. Those days move on MUCH slower , leaving a deeper imprint in our memory. BUT- rather than walk you through 365 days ... I shall pick only two. Yesterday, the pot holes were more like sink holes ... with Pa in the hospital, collapsed lung, prognosis bleak'ish. Today it was a bowl of ice cream on a warm, sunny day- as the meds & a problem free procedure turned things around.
What a difference a day makes!

No comments: