I made a comment to a friend a few weeks ago about Weds (at least the morning) being my day off. She immediately chortled back "you're killing me ... a day off? You have every day off, you're retired!" She's right!
And she's wrong too.
At least 80% of the time... I am wondering how I ever had time to work?!! Or maybe more specifically.. when did I find the time to PLAY?
My guess ? .... when I was working, I managed my time better to allow for the things I wanted to do in between the things I HAD to do! I obviously did NOT get up at 8... I did NOT go to bed at midnight! At first ... I seemed to have a lot more time. Then, silly me.. I began volunteering, I rejoined Sweet Adelines, I started doing some of my OWN gardening, I turned 60!!! ALL these things affect my leisure time, as SOME of them are a LOT of work.... the fact that I volunteered or took it on by my own choice ... doesn't make it any less work! But with all that being said ... I have a great life, albeit a little fuller than I would prefer at times.
At any rate ... I have taken up the "time off" I had for this morning by blogging ... so off to chores I go. til next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment