Sunday, April 7, 2013

what a difference an hour makes ....

from time to time the Capt and I "escape" life.  for many... this would seem odd, since we profess to love our lives so much .. and I again profess that fact this moment.  THIS, however, is  a different type of escape.  It is from those things in our daily or weekly routine & obligations, and allows us to concentrate on US.  Most often ... it is simply 24 hours long and a few minutes from home.  But, most importantly of all ... it is away from chores that are ever present, no matter how diligent we are at keeping up with them.  it is away from responsibilities we sign up for in earnest .. regardless of how much time it takes from our home & free time.  it is away from all those little things that don't mean much individually ... but together build to become the bigger parts of our life together, and are difficult to set aside when face to face with them.  These "parts", as I call them, are things we love .. things we are passionate about .. but- NONE THE LESS - things that begin to control our lives if we aren't conscious of their all-consuming time commitments.  And so, to make sure we never lose sight of the TRUE purpose of our relationship .. the Capt & I have our little retreats.  the sound of the ocean is about all we require .. but if a fireplace or a jacuzzi tub is available ... it's frosting on the cake.  and so- as I nestle under a down comforter, with the last of my magazines finished off ... a full tummy, a warm latte near it's end and the Capt at my side, I am reminded of how much I love being with this man ... any 'ole time!!   

No comments: