Saturday, July 6, 2013

Silly little things I love ...

I like it when life is simple.
schedules loose
clocks un-noticed
But there are things... unimportant things ... that I love.  Things I can do without, and often do.  Things that don't necessarily cost time or money needed elsewhere.  Things that are not even ... things ... some times!  In no special order or level of significance.  None of them will surprise those who know me best.
     having my coffee in the color or style of mug/cup I'm in the mood for
     smelling Larry's rose blooms on my way to the mailbox
     THICK, dense foam on my coffee
     the smell of the dryer running (Gain sheets ... ummm)
     children giggling
     sunshine on the lanai
     doves cooing
     the cover of EVERY Coastal Living magazine
     the warmth, sight, & crackling of a fire (particularly Danno's)
     having an IPAD cover of whatever color I am craving at the moment
     pretty packaging ... I don't even have to open it or have it be mine .. I just love the sight!
     little kitty laying on the bed next to me & reaching out to touch my nose with her paw
     lemon blossoms
     the sound of our fountain
     watching ocean waves
     the San Luis Lighthouse foghorn at night
     Anthony or Addyson crawling into bed with me (after 7am!!!)
     being in a scrap "zone"
     reading my kindle
     surfing the web in the middle of the night
     taking pictures of anything, nothing, everything
     my UPS man- Harold (always cheerful & courteous)
     scent pods (thank you SOW)
     star gazing
     Hawaii- even if only in pictures!
     when I see the 201 or 342 prefix on an incoming call
     the wind catcher in DJ's yard
     deep thick bubble in a hot bath
     pedicures that don't tickle
     Boo coming to greet me
     holiday music
     true friendships (priceless)
     unexpected good news

This day has many hours ahead to enjoy and I shall do just that RIGHT NOW.


   

No comments: