when the whole wide world is fast asleep ...
My SeaGlass quartet has been working on this song periodically. I have always loved the song. I took to it after just hearing the learning track once. With all that's been going on in my life lately, music has taken a backseat for a while. Singing brings my emotions to the surface. How ANYONE can sing without emoting is totally foreign to me. EVERY song I sing means something to me. When I am honored to be singing something that I can totally immerse myself in ... I give over 100% to it.
DUH
But- for some reason- not everyone buys into this concept- and that totally whacks my brain. We are on the doorstep of our chorus' summer production, and I am still waiting for some of the members to buy into the storyline & music & characterization of the show. I dont understand the "save it for the paying customers" mentality. HOW WILL YOU KNOW what works if you haven't been trying on your character?? It is a headscratcher for me (meaning, there is no logical answer or reason).
It is PARTICULARLY bothersome to me because ... in all reality- it could be my last show with them. In fact ... it may be that I cannot even be in this show- depending on the turns my life takes over the next couple of weeks. So the pain my heart feels when people wander through the rehearsals like zombies ... is personal. Would they act or perform this way if they knew it was their last opportunity?
I wonder.
No comments:
Post a Comment