Wednesday, November 6, 2013

decisions, deadlines, & dreams

life's simple pleasures aren't quite as simple as they used to be.  I've never denied being spoiled my the Captain.  when something isn't working, if I can't figure something out, if I need help, the Captain is there... often without even being asked.  but these days- even HE is at a loss to "fix" things.  there are times he shakes his head in dismay, frustrated over the package we've been delivered.  he's remained stronger than I ever imagined possible.  he's a constant source of support and love.  I've had to apologize a few times for my impatience and frustration that I take out on him without intent.  he's got a lot on his shoulders these days.  keeping me as safe & happy as humanly possible seems to be his purpose in life.  his promise to stay by my side in sickness & in health is unwavering and I have to make sure I refill his heart with as many I love yous as I can fit into a single day!  He asks for very little and gives so very much.  there are very few days in these past 17 years that I haven't wondered how I ever got so lucky to have him in my life.
my captain .... you ARE my knight in VERY shining armor!!  I love & adore you.

No comments: