Thursday, July 29, 2010

My (adopted) middle name is "bling"

For all of my adult life (which seemed to start around 13), I have loved bling. Now do let me clarify that in using this word I do not mean jewelry (although I do NOT wish to exclude it either). To me, bling is pizazz, sparkle, light, twinkle, color.
It's the kinda thing that when I see it, it catches the breath in my throat or creates a curl in the corner of my smile. My mind ponders "what made them think of this" & I get a little furrow in my brow as my eyes slightly squint as if to see better .
If on paper, I turn it to different angles, wondering if that is how it was created- straight on, or out of chance (?)
With luck, sometimes it comes home with me or inspires something from my own imagination.

When I sang with the Sweet Adeline
organization, I felt like Cinderella going to the ball. Taffeta, sequins, velvet, ruffles & rhinestones .... lots & LOTS of rhinestones. It was beautiful. Okay, it was more sparkly than beautiful sometimes but I loved it. It's not like Dolly Pardon was my God mother ..... I'm not that far over the top ..... just allow me to add a splash of color or add a glint of sparkle & I'm happy. AND- allow me to change it up now & then, so I don't get bored!

No comments: