Friday, July 9, 2010
tah-dah ...........
I bought this yummy pair of PJs shortly after moving here and dubbed them my "retirement pajamas". At the time ... the Captain's retirement date was not even a twinkle in our eyes. I used to tease him when he told me he wanted to move to Hawaii, but we might (each) need to have a couple of jobs to make ends meet there - "I can't work" I would reply. "I need time to walk the beach & collect seashells in the sunshine .... you'll have to get 3 or 4 jobs yourself." I mistakenly figured I would be the one to retire first (even though many would consider me semi-retired already with the hours I worked). I thought I would spend the last year or two of HIS career traveling with him for some of his times away from home. I didn't plan on any of this, I just sort of thought about it from time to time. BUT- with my encouragement, he retired ..... much to my joy of having him home :o) And, shortly after, I was working even less hours. So who could ask for more? Well .....
TODAY ... I made the official step of informing my employer of my intent to leave their employ. I do so with a somewhat heavy heart. There are parts of my job that I truly enjoy (well yeah, the paycheck is a given). Dr T is a gem ... so are many of the patients I have worked with. But I also know, in my heart- that this is the right time. I know that saying "when I have more time" is no longer acceptable. I want this quality time to spend with my husband, my family & my grandkids. yippeeeeeeeeeee-yankee-doodle-dandeee !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment