While I agree that our foxlets are the best thing around since sliced bread .... I'm giving equal time tonight to a feather friend I spent some photo time with today. Hearing the chipring of the California Towhee is not unusual around here, but this morning it was more exagerated than the norm- so I went out to investigate and found a tiny hatchling sitting in the middle of my driveway. .... hmmm ... what to do, what to do. Well, DUH, get the camera! With some observing while clicking off frames- I saw 2 adult birds that were keeping a close watch, and while they didn't seem intimidated by me ...
Friday, June 10, 2011
Marlin Perkins .... wish you were here!
the WILD KINGDOM lives and breathes on Costa Del Sol! 
While I agree that our foxlets are the best thing around since sliced bread .... I'm giving equal time tonight to a feather friend I spent some photo time with today. Hearing the chipring of the California Towhee is not unusual around here, but this morning it was more exagerated than the norm- so I went out to investigate and found a tiny hatchling sitting in the middle of my driveway. .... hmmm ... what to do, what to do. Well, DUH, get the camera! With some observing while clicking off frames- I saw 2 adult birds that were keeping a close watch, and while they didn't seem intimidated by me ...
they did seem to be communicating with the little one. He appeared a little confused and at one point was even following me a bit, so I picked him up and took a good look at him.
He was able to move pretty well, but with more fuzz than feathers, he definately was underage for flying! Once I put him down ... the adults came closer & the talking began again. They coaxed the midget all the way across the street and when they got to the sidewalk and the pipsqueak couldn't jump up like they had ... one of them hopped over to the driveway & chattered until the youngin' went in that direction so it could again follow along. As they traveled across the grass, he would disappear in the green carpet between hops .... but they continued until all them disappeared thru a gap in the fence of the yard. What an adventure for him (and what a LONG walk)
While I agree that our foxlets are the best thing around since sliced bread .... I'm giving equal time tonight to a feather friend I spent some photo time with today. Hearing the chipring of the California Towhee is not unusual around here, but this morning it was more exagerated than the norm- so I went out to investigate and found a tiny hatchling sitting in the middle of my driveway. .... hmmm ... what to do, what to do. Well, DUH, get the camera! With some observing while clicking off frames- I saw 2 adult birds that were keeping a close watch, and while they didn't seem intimidated by me ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment