I admit

-when the Captain originally mentioned that he was setting up a trip to the Grand Canyon in the month February ... the thought of snow (or even chilly weather) was not my first thought ! It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago, that I even pulled some info from the internet ... that I realized there would be no "sunning" taking place on this journey. Even then, having never been in Az, with the exception of flying into Phoenix-then to the convention center & hotel & 3 days later back on the plane ... with nothing in between (and over 100 degrees

the entire time)- I didn't give it concern because.. afterall ... what difference would it make?! I WAS GOING TO THE GRAND CANYON! But ... as it happens, it has been the PERFECT time to be here. It's the first time the Capt & I have REALLY been to the snow together and our

experience with is as yet ... have been

incredible! Strolling around while the snowflakes gather in our hair. Catching them on our tongue. And waking to a blanket of it just outside our reach! Our expectations were set way too low as it happens! There have been little suprises around many corners and each day seems even better than the one prior. The UNEXPECTED has been the frosting on our cupcakes!
No comments:
Post a Comment