Monday, February 20, 2012

making choices

During the next few days ... my dad- with much to process from today's oncology appt, council from family- that includes my RN sister whom he lives with, and probably a conversation or two with higher sources (my mom who passed nearly 16 mos ago & you-know-who) ... my dad will be making some choices. This comes at a time when his anxiety & confusion issues are already at high pitch, so getting through to him could be difficult.
I love this man. He came into my life when I was 11 years old& I remember no father before him. Early on, I'm sure I tested him a time or two .... since I had only TV dads to compare him to. He has never treated me as if I was a "step". I find that amazing in itself! He's the best thing that ever happened to my mom & the reason I have 3 younger sisters in the inner circle of my life. I hope to be some of the strength he will need over the next few weeks, & support whatever his choices may be. I love ya Pa!

No comments: