Monday, February 13, 2012

I'm having so much fun I could spit ...

One of my kids used to use that expression- and I knew from the look on his face what he meant by it. Eventually I adopted the same, and the thought came to mind to me today. THIS has been a great trip .... and it continues still. NEW experiences. NEW sights. NEW insights. This morning's outing started with views of the overnight dusting of the area just north of us. Everything looked fresh & pure .... with all the white cotton candy laying alongside the hwy. Cozied in our vehicle ... the brisk 32 degree air was evident the few times I rolled down the window for an artistic shot! Our plans called for a wide range of scenery & a lot of stops, so we hit the pavement running & didn't stop until arriving back in Sedona til after 8:30pm. We skitted from winter-esque surroundings, along the historic Route 66 to hit some nostalgic hot spots, (including the Wig Wam Motel), then across the vast expanse of flat land that led us to the meteor crater, the painted dessert, & the petrified forest. It was a whirlwind day of sights & textures. Lastly ... we have a "mini" game plan for our Valentine's Day tomorrow. I'd like to inject here- that one of the "SMARTS" of the past few days is partial planning for each day ahead .... allowing for changes in weather, wake-up times or destinations ... on a whim. In other words; planning some of our spontaneous-ness. ****during all of this .... much is going on in the ADULT mind of the Captain as he recollects his visit to all of these places as a kid, on his move out to California (from the east coast) in 1960.

No comments: