yesterday was warm & sunny here in our little corner of paradise.It was also a Cal Poly holiday and, the second annual gathering of (mostly) immature, inconsiderate, & foolish young people at our local beach. Now- I'm all for enjoying a warm day by the ocean and I certainly don't mind sharing our sand, BUT .... I don't appreciate the majority of our law enforcement services being tied up as a result. (because) There was a lot of drinking, a lot of illegal (and unsafe) parking, & a lot of litter left over upon departure. Emergency services were called out more than once to save someone from his own careless choices. I gotta wonder ... if there is a better way to handle situations like these. Are the parents of under age drinkers being billed for the services required as a result of their drinking? (would they care?) Can we stand at the handful of entrances to the beach ... and send the last few stragglers back down with trash bags to clean up? It would seem we should be teaching our future generation to be more responsible, rather than cleaning up after them (in more ways than one).
I shall now return my soapbox to the closet.
No comments:
Post a Comment