there are only 2 people I am aquainted with that have changed dramatically ... for the better. Usually, when someone changes for the better- it's something they struggle with, and fall back into old habits a few times before they succeed in turning their life around. But not always (thankfully) ONE such person is my daughter, Vanessa. The changes that have taken place over the past 10 years is something she should be proud of. I know I am. She and hubby Fernando (seen here walking along here with their niece- our grandau
ghter, Addy) spent this weekend in our neck of the woods. When the plans were first forming, I was happy for the Captain- as I know he loves our home & knows so much about the area .... he was excited to have an opportunity to share it with her. But as the time drew nearer, I found that I too, was looking forward to sharing space with her. I texted her a few minutes ago, checking in to see that they made it home safely and telling her, again- how great it was to have them here.
(& already hoping the next trip doesn't take as long to get on the calendar). Although a lot of the "plans" for the weekend didn't quite pan out .... it may have been for the better, because it was more family time without so much scheduled to do. So, I pulled this "postcard" view from todays camera shots .... because I think the weekend with her & Fernando waspretty perfect as well!! Thanks kids XO
No comments:
Post a Comment