
I'm emotional under the best of circumstances ... so heaven knows ... when the situation is less than "happy" ... the sadness overwhelms me. It will keep me from saying the things I want to say at a time when it may be the most appreciated. When we filtered through some of mom & dad's things recently- we uncovered a letter I sent my parents on my 31st birthday. I choked up (!) just reading it to myself, as it brought back specific events that I was referring to when I originally wrote it for them. The Captain is prepared to read it aloud at the memorial for Dad tomorrow, if I think I can control myself long enough for him to get through it.
DAD- you know how I feel ... whether I say the words aloud or not. You were MY FIRST knight in shining armour! I love you.
1 comment:
im so sorry....thinking and praying for you and your sisters today.
Post a Comment