Friday, May 4, 2012


THIS is a "peep" ... or so the label says. 
Only it's not.
Well, it is, but it's not.  I mean it says it is ... but it's not.
Alright, ALRIGHT- I can see this is confusing you (?), so let me elaborate.  I'm not a big fan of eating Peeps.  I think they're cute.  I love the colors, I've decorated food with them, I've gifted them, I'm pleased that they are not just for Easter any longer, but I have no desire to eat another one.  The Captain is STILL scratching his head over hearing me state that "there's too much sugar" ... he can't wrap his head around that.  The fact is- he's been in a sugar-induced brain coma for at least 10 years.... but that's an issue for another day.  I actually like these peeps.  unfortunately.  (although not as much as chocolate covered marshmellow bunnies that I DIDN'T GET any of this past Easter!)  They are chocolate covered, with just a bit of marshmellow creamy-ish stuff in the center, and bite size!  YUM.  I'm glad ... the bunny that brought them ONLY brought 1 bag.  By the time she & some others checked out a couple, the Captain put a few on his desk, & I sent some in a baggie, downstairs with Pa  ... there were STILL a dozen of them staring me in the face .... beconing me as I passed..... haunting me in my dreams.  ARGH.  Thankfully ... I still had a couple left to pose for this photo for the blog.  But I'm not sure how long after they survived.  Rest in Peeps.

No comments: