Sunday, May 20, 2012

travel plan announcement

I guess now might be the time to discuss this gentleman's travel plans.  An unexpected trip has come up that he is preparing for.  On the bright side ... he doesn't have to worry about the directions to get there, and his welcoming party will make the travel well worthwhile.  He doesn't have to pack (which he always dreads), so the little details of what to bring & what to buy there doesn't have to be mulled over.  The actual departure time hasn't been determined, but it's not something to be precisely scheduled- so he's just going to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, however he wants to do it .... & miraculously, he'll be ready when his limo arrives.  The goal is for this journey be as carefree as possible.  To make it easier on him, than it is likely to be for us.  He doesn't talk much about it, but I believe that although he'll miss us- he is looking forward to the destination on some level, & what he'll be able to do when he arrives there.  He has a couple of toes out the door already, so I know he's thinking about it more than he indicates.  I try not to think too much about it.  There is much to enjoy now, that I would rather spend my emotional energy on.  And after all- it is all about this gracious, compassionate, gentle, & loving man you see here.  I love you Pa.

No comments: