Saturday, June 2, 2012

the post title that was toooooo long!

HONESTLY- the title needed to be;  The Hatfields & McCoys, the haunted music box & the lingering results of an uncomfortable conversation ..... BUT THAT is waaaaay too long .... (UNLESS one is already a published author & get get away with such foolishness! ) ALL of these things are bouncing around in my head like puzzle pieces- sometimes attaching themselves to the wrong subject.  Even I'm getting confused!
We've been watching the H&M mini series and it's totally out of my realm of understanding .... #1, if you can't stand being around someone, & you live where there is acres & acres of land between you at anytime (and a river too) ... WHY do you keep putting yourself in their face?  #2, HOW CAN YOU BE soooooo stupid as to assume that you can kill someone & not have someone else to answer to?  #3, HOW could it take so long for someone not to stand up & scream ENOUGH!  #4, why did I even keep watching it???   They say women create drama .... uh uhh ... this was started by the men!! (and I suppose it was a mere prelude to the wars we've had since huh?).  WTF???
I've had the music box pictured here probably about 8-9 years.  When we lived in the Bar Area ... the Capt was a "regular" at the San Francisco Music Box Company.  This porcelin model has had a few aches & pains this past year ... it was knocked over by one of the cats & was damaged.  It took a couple of tries to get it back in one piece and it's been "sitting pretty" for a couple of months.  When my baby was delivered this week, I moved it (and the Betty Boop Piano music box) over to hang out with the new arrival.  The next day, it played a couple of bars of Fur Elise .... by itself.  I sorta laughed to myself .. figuring it was probably over wound at some point & was loosening up.  Later that day, it did it again.  The Capt was in the room & looked at me.  I told him it happened earlier & my explanation.  And it happened again yesterday, more than once.  By last night, I pushed the wind key in the direction of unwind, and it only played a couple of notes, appearing to be totally unwound.  Until this evening .... moments ago, when it played at least 2 measures of the song.  And now I'm wondering.  Is it a sign?  Just wondering, not getting all hyped up or anything.  wondering.  (hoping)  
and now, as I'm starting to feel the end of the day creeping into my bones ... I am still thinking about a conversation I had a few days back.  wishing it had not taken place.  not being comfortable with the way it was left.  annoyed that comments or statements are made without all the facts.  knowing it's probably best not to try & resolve it, because it can't be.  it's a difference of opinion that should be just that .... o-p-i-n-i-o-n ... not judgement, not attack.  Because I've been in this predicament before, I know it will come to pass, it just hurts a wee bit more than I would like to admit.  But, when I have other things more important & more taxing on my mind ... I will get over it, this I know. 
AND IN THE BIG PICTURE, it REALLY doesn't matter what others think about my choices or decisions ... it only matters that I am comfortable with them.  And with that wise thought, I shall retire for the eve.

No comments: