I just watched the movie.
I know what I want to say and yet ... I'm literally at a loss for words. (don't you wish) My limited travel experiences HAVE taken me into the southern states of our United country. More than once, I have commented that I would love to live in that area on a part-time basis. Afterall ... I don't like - mosquitos, high humidity during warm weather, too much warm weather, roaches the size of my last piano, water bugs even bigger yet, hurricanes, floods, and more ... SO, if you narrow it down by these alone- it really only leaves 2 months I think, BUT- then I watch this movie & it reminds me that bigotry, hatred, & unequality still exists- and my romance with mossy trees, green meadows that go on forever, brick homes, the feel of history, & humongous magnolia trees ... is nipped in it's tender little bud! This story, beautifully manuscripted, gives us hope at the end- but in reality after a book like this (in those times), there would have been much to fear for those involved. I truly believe, if I were there, in the 60's- I would have been Skeeter. I (probably) would not have been as brave as she- BUT, I would have had a valiant purpose to my life!
LET ME JUST (?) ask one question .... if you trusted someone to cook your food, to be in your home for more waking hours than in their own, and even MORE IMPORTANTLY ...to care for your children- how could you NOT believe them to be a good person?! How could you NOT be repectful of them? ... ok, 2 questions! (and how could you rip them from your child's life if you loved your child!!!) These things are head scratching questions for me.
I'm NOT saying everyone deserves equal respect across the board .... I have neither the time or patience for people who don't pay their share of taxes, who live off of society in general, who screw over their friends or the people they are representing. I have no respect for people who lie their way through life & take no responsibility for their actions ... THESE are all 2nd class citizens in my opinion ... but it is NOT based on color, religion, or politics. I cannot profess to be totally unbiased, but I do my best ... and if I screw up- I'm gonna be the first to point it out (I hope). Great movie ... but I think I may lose some sleep over it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment