Wednesday, September 12, 2012

my colorful life

I got flowers, I cried, I hugged, I boasted, & I sang a solo ...just  not necessarily in that order!  It was a LONG DAY, it was a fun day, it was hectic & minorly stressful day ... but mostly- it was a wonderful day.  Partly because of YOU.  Let me digress for a moment.  A couple of weeks ago- I mentioned to my daughter-in-law (April).. that the grandkids might enjoy our upcoming Barbershop show, since it was (loosely) based on Alice in Wonderland.  Within a few days she had decided that it WOULD work out (there was a drive involved), and the plan was set.  Now, considering that she & my son (Christopher) have a busy, busy life & sometime eratic schedules ... I tried not to give it too much thought because I knew I would be disappointed if something came up that agreeably was more important.  We texted the day before the show & she was set to make the trip.  I really looked forward to having them there (and a little nervous that I would live up to their expectations too).  To make a slightly too long story a wee bit shorter- I came into the audience after the show and TO MY JOYOUS HEART'S SURPRISE- my son was there too!!  I was caught totally by surprise and it brought tears to my eyes.  happy tears.  Add to that a gorgeous bouquet from the grandkids (Anthony knows gramma loves flowers) - they are sitting here in view and I love having those feelings all over again.  It was so thoughtful of them to be there for me!  (hence the YOU of which I speak)

 and .... as if all of that wasn't dede-lightful enough, my sister, Lindy arrived later in the day & accompanied my neighbors (the infamous Francos) to the evening performance.  Once again ... flowers were placed in my grasp.  A beautiful arrangement bursting with color!  I believe this is the first time she's seen me perform as well- and since I talk about family so much, my fellow chorus members were looking forward to meeting her! 
A LOT of work went into this show ... and a personal goal was met that will be my baby step toward the next one.  Pictures should be following soon to document the fun  & the flavor.  As I write this- almost exactly 4 days to the hour later ... I am FINALLY caught up on sleep- but still have a few chores to do before I am back on time track.  BUT- it was worth it !

No comments: