Wednesday, September 19, 2012

making a change in position ...

I was watering my flower garden this morning and noticed (for the first time) ... the cute little pistil in the center of the evening primrose.  I was not in my usual position for the task.  had I been- I'm not sure I would have noticed.  And so was born the topic of my blog at this moment.  CHANGE in general, changing a position on or of something ... more specifically.  It is, for the most part, the same thing as looking at something from a different angle or point of view.  It can be time consuming.  It can be frustrating to many.  It can be enlightening to those with an open mind.  Politicians do it on a regular basis .. but for the wrong reasons (and pretty much without fooling anyone), partners do it to keep from becoming bored, photographers do it ALL THE TIME, and I'll bet even us peasants ... do it without even realizing it!

 "Changing your mind", is probably not as correct a term as perhaps "changing your perspective" or "changing your thought".  And so- in the simplest of meanings ... once I noticed the old fashioned TV antenna in the center of the flower ... I moved about and looked at it from different angles and saw that it was a cross, an X, a starfish, a windmill, a twirlygig, and so much more .. just like MOST things in life.  There is often so much more that meets the eye, so much more under the surface, so much more to be learned & appreciated.  And I'm thinking- rather than everyone wanting more, more, more of this, that, & the other ... how about we just take more time to listen.  more time to absorb.  more time to consider.  more time "in the moment".  As I have learned ....these things give you MORE of the good things in life!
umm ... I love flowers .. they ALWAYS  make me smile  :o)

No comments: