Saturday, January 26, 2013

a love letter to my husband

It is the eve of a pair of days away, the Captain has planned for my birthday. There is little doubt in my mind that he has gone far beyond the needs of celebrating even this pivotal of birthday years. I tried to talk him off the edge ... but I'm pretty sure he has gone over the top! I KNOW I will be telling him "he shouldn't have" (more than once), I know he will keep telling me I'm worth it... but most importantly, I know whatever he has planned will be amazing... and fit for a princess. THIS MAN of mine is often too good to be true, and it scares me when I think about the pedestal on which he routinely perches me. And though I have tested him a time or two, he is ALWAYS there whenever I need him. He is my strongest supporter & my biggest fan. He makes it quite clear. And I ?? Well I'm not sure I tell him enough how much he means to me, how important he is in my life. I love him of course .. but more interesting to me .. I ADORE him. I have a serious crush on the guy. I fall in love with him now & again, over & over. He is my knight, my joy, my soulmate. SO- while I know I will feel a bit overwhelmed over the next few days while he pampers & adorns & treats me like a princess .... I will also be aware of the lengths he will go to in showing his love for me. and in between a "WOW" or two ... I will tell him how much I love him!!

No comments: