A few days ago- serious effort toward any task may have seemed a bit more of an obstacle ... the bone chilling temps at night crept into the daylight hours as well. Sunlight was sparse, outdoor activities short & not-so-sweet. Such things can dampen ones spirit. (vitamin D??) BUT ... a couple of nights ago-I stepped out onto our lanai and looked at the black velvet blanket overhead, sparingly sprinkled with silvery sequins .... & I was filled with wonder. Without even knowing I was numbed slightly from seasonal affective disorder, it was swept away from me in that moment. The wonderment was the cure ... and I am still basking in it. Mother nature? celestial conditions? whatever!Wednesday, January 16, 2013
birthdays, ballads, & burrrr
it is the month of capricorns & aquarians ...... happy times, dark clouds of doubt & soggy tears included with all. friends, family & past loved ones. There is not one I have forgotten ... although some that I have not made much mention or fanfare. and I have my reasons. private thoughts. broken heart. separation. reasons, excuses, take your pick- they are mine and I take full responsibility! (and I'm cool with that) outta sight is not outta mind or heart. words unspoken are not unthought. BUT THERE ARE ALSO those who choose to think of ME even when it's their big day & I find that simply phenominal!! to one of my besties ... Jules ... I love you beyond words & I know you know ... but I do love the look on your face when I tell you each time!! AND there has been a LOT of music in the air (AKA in our living room) ... as SeaGlass continues it's uphill climb toward a CC worthy competition performance. Our noses have more recently been to the grindstone and I find that (finally) we are rehearsing more than we are chatting or laughing! Not to say we aren't enjoying (nearly) every minute of this journey ... We have bumped up the schedule to meet twice a week and are popping in for a wee bit of coaching when appropriate! This weekendwe are attempting a more concentrated effort and with the luck of some mental muscle memory ... will emerge with more confidence on the far side of Sunday! There is a lot of emotional involvement in this "hobby" I'm deeply passionate about. Dissappointment is not an option ... if we do the best we are capable of. The more dedicated we are to raising our skill level ... the more comfortable we will be whatever the standings indicate come competition day! SO- onward we march, one phrase at a time.
A few days ago- serious effort toward any task may have seemed a bit more of an obstacle ... the bone chilling temps at night crept into the daylight hours as well. Sunlight was sparse, outdoor activities short & not-so-sweet. Such things can dampen ones spirit. (vitamin D??) BUT ... a couple of nights ago-I stepped out onto our lanai and looked at the black velvet blanket overhead, sparingly sprinkled with silvery sequins .... & I was filled with wonder. Without even knowing I was numbed slightly from seasonal affective disorder, it was swept away from me in that moment. The wonderment was the cure ... and I am still basking in it. Mother nature? celestial conditions? whatever!
A few days ago- serious effort toward any task may have seemed a bit more of an obstacle ... the bone chilling temps at night crept into the daylight hours as well. Sunlight was sparse, outdoor activities short & not-so-sweet. Such things can dampen ones spirit. (vitamin D??) BUT ... a couple of nights ago-I stepped out onto our lanai and looked at the black velvet blanket overhead, sparingly sprinkled with silvery sequins .... & I was filled with wonder. Without even knowing I was numbed slightly from seasonal affective disorder, it was swept away from me in that moment. The wonderment was the cure ... and I am still basking in it. Mother nature? celestial conditions? whatever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment