Thursday, January 24, 2013

rain ... the magical elixer


first I noticed a wee rainbow opposite the sun ... next came a fireball of a winter sunset.  the clouds grew thick & scarlet colored in just seconds.  what a wonderful evening show.  mother nature is one of my favorite people!! 

the sky was a brilliant blue following last night's rain.  the showers had washed over streets & landscape, allowing the colors to pop as if they had just been polished up for presentation.  every thing just looked a little brighter, a little cheerier, a little fresher.

I love the sound & smell of the rain.  It lulls me to sleep, it taps at my senses with it's pitter-pat, it cacoons me with it's rhythmn.

our neighbors trimmed back their princess flower bush a few months ago, to give it a fresh start.  A couple of days ago, I noticed a bunch of tiny buds just begging to pop.  With light showers over night & some warm breezes today ... they seemed to burst open before my eyes.  such pretty little things!!

No comments: