Wednesday, January 23, 2013

clouds on the rise

I sip from my SEATTLE cup this morning, very appropriate- as it appears our summer-like weather has left the building for a few days.  I've downed my cherry yogurt, anticipate the oven beep signal of a toasty pasty any moment, and ready to settle in with a stack of magazines.  There is a load in the washer & dryer, the littler box is clean, my IPAD on charge and I've spent at least an hour mentally singing my qtet contest songs.  All-in-all ... pretty productive considering I'm still in my PJ's! 
Do I feel guilty?    NO 
Indulgent?     A bit. 
I'm winding down from an exhausting weekend with 4 funny firecrackers.  A whole lot of singing & laughing, with some learning tucked between the two.  It was a coaching session of sorts.  Not the average format, more like a musical version of the Ground Hog movie with 4 Bill Murrays.  The outcome was a stronger, more cohesive sound for us to continue building on.  It's the first of such, but not the last, and in the meantime .... we are collecting our thoughts & voices 2-3 times a week to build & support our muscle memory!
HOWEVER FOR THE MOMENT ... I have my eyes on 6" of reading material to barrel through by noon!! !!

No comments: