I'm sitting in a hotel room ... waiting
One would think that as a female, as a mother, as a human being ... I would be somehow be used to waiting. I wait every day. For the coffee pot to heat up, for the dryer to signal, for the printer to finish, yatta, yatta, yatta
For these things I wait ... without complaint, without a thought.
Today's wait, and all the waiting I have been doing in connection with this these past few days ... thought has been what makes the waiting so difficult! Waiting gives me time to think.
So here I am (again) .. til it's time to go someplace else & wait again, which will take us to a time where we know we will be waiting more. By then, I will not be better at waiting, but likely far worse at it.
As for the hunger pangs .. I am getting pretty darn good at waiting those out ... as I have dealt with them a few times lately as well.
I often use the phrase "it is what it is" a great deal when dealing with quartet & chorus singing, & perhaps it applies here as well at the moment. There is no point to wasting time trying to fix that which I have no control over. Hmmm .... I feel better already. (NOT)
1 comment:
I love you.
Post a Comment