Sunday, September 1, 2013

as the childbirth pain becomes a distant memory ... I find time to ponder!

these past 5 days .... the REAL recovery from chemo #1 seemed to finally be taking place, & was not unlike the year or so that passes when new mothers forget what the pain of childbirth was like.  To be perfectly honest (and what's the point otherwise?), there was MORE than one occasion during days 1-5 when when I thought I might be in a place well known as "hell".  It was brutal.  I felt little or no hope at times and my days not only lacked the light at the end of the tunnel ... but the entire tunnel itself!  I was not happy, and most sad of all .... I was far from being ME!  Enter day 6 when the glimmer of life finally started creeping back into my life, and though I was FAR from considering child #2 (so to speak), I was a least open to the discussion of one .. some day.  Having SINCE spent the past 4 days with all or a combo of these females ... the agony of childbirth is beginning to further diminish.  Having already made some changes in "the game plan", I have a bit over a week before consenting to chemo impregnation and I'm confident it will be a thumbs up when the time comes.  Besides lowering the dose, we (the Capt & I) will be going into cancer parenthood with a keener sense of what happens & what needs to happen, & our expectations will be more in check.  
THIS was a great mix of female minds & interests that kept me nurtured, pampered, emotionally elevated and ... well.... LAUGHING!  The 6 of us haven't been together like this in a long while (and we SKYPED a 7th), and it was a great, GREAT span of time that was (I think) appreciated by everyone ... not just the "C-girl".  I adore you all & am so grateful that you chose to spend this time with me!!
pictured .... Dionna, Alex, Cindy, Me, Foo, & Sow
AND LET ME ADD ... that our cabana boy did NOT let us down.  We had drinks & desserts on demand.  Tours, lectures, & girly time that meant the world to us.  Thank you Capt!  I love you.
I LOVE YOU ALL !!

No comments: