I have wondered on more than one occasion, what I would do with this information. Fact is- I wondered if I would even be notified! I have issue with some of the declarations written here .. but then, is there any point to even care?
With ONE exception- in 1970, I was ALWAYS the one to reach out. to call. to announce. to send cards. to make invitations. ME.
And, as if I had not been ignored often & long enough ... I did so again about 7 years ago after a 20+ yr absence and was again dismissed. (cordially & quietly, but none the less ... pretty much ignored).
I will likely send a card or letter. I will likely extend condolences. Because that is who I am. But attend a gathering to "celebrate" a life I was not a part of .... no. I would not be welcome in his death anymore than in his life, and no one would likely notice.
It's a chapter I no longer have to wonder what if or maybe when.
HE was the one who missed out & if he can rest in peace with that fact, so be it.
I can.

No comments:
Post a Comment