Sunday, September 15, 2013

the 2nd time around ...

I cannot tell a lie ... this is NOT fun!  In fact I should be a little more direct by saying it's a miserable way to spend more hours of the day than not.  But it is not without purpose.  Or so I'm told.  I would have to think that in order to feel this yucky - this 2nd round of chemo premium grade MUST BE doing something.  But what?  demolition?  I hope so.  It is ... easier (so far) than the first time around ... I admit, but unpredictable.  The fleeting moments when I  a-l-m-o-s-t  feel good are difficult to appreciate because they come & go without much warning, and yet .... if I don't find some solace in them ... the war will have it's victim without much of a fight.
I have joked about being less than lucky when it comes to winning contests, or raffles.  I proclaimed that if there were 1- prizes and only 9 participants, I would still lose!   And yet ... low & behold ... in the cancer lottery ... who comes up with the winning(?) ticket?  Yours truly.  Yippee .... NOT!  I have yet to go through the "why me" angle of figuring this thing out.  Frankly, what difference would it make anyway.  But it is a burning question within me of "why now"?  I didn't need it to put my life back on track, to remind me of what I have to be thankful for, to remind me to stop & smell the roses.  I was already doing all of that.
I don't expect any answers .... because I don't believe there are any.  It just gives me the occasional pause to ..... ponder.

No comments: