Thursday, September 19, 2013

unanswered questions ...(some never asked)

In a recent blog post, I announced (?) that I had been notified that my birth father had passed away.  I few days later (after I responded to the family with condolences) .. I got a letter from my birth aunt (is that a real term?)
She apologized for me probably not even knowing who she is.  Although I believe I may have met her briefly in 1970, she's entirely right ... I don't know her.  I don't know anyone on that side of the family! And she's right when she states in her letter ... it's sad.  I'm not sure how to progress from here ... or if it's even my choice to do so or not.  I responded to her letter out of both courtesy & curiosity.  I have questions, perhaps she has the answers.  She may be the only person who does, and I told her I hoped she could provide me with them ... if she chooses to stay in contact.  Right now, she is the ONLY link to a family I have not been part of for 90% of my life. I know practically nothing about them & this could be a can of worms.  Time will tell.

No comments: