Tuesday, January 21, 2014

a letter to my Lo ...

some times .... that "thread" that finds its way to connecting people, lands in the most surprising places.  SOME TIMES ... it floats (I assume) about so transparently, settling as light as cotton candy on unsuspecting individuals.  I know not how it happens in reality.  I only KNOW it does.  It's happened to me many times in my life- although, oddly, only in this past 2 decades of my 6 decade existence.  Perhaps it is because I am at an age when I can most appreciate true friendships  ... or perhaps it's happened when I needed the connections most.  I don't care to analyze it- I just plan to bask in the fact that I have been so very lucky to have the experience of it.
    What seems like a mere couple of years ago,  I was INTERJECTED into the Celebration Chorus just seconds before a regional competition (so to speak).  All things coming together this late in the game- I needed a roomie for the weekend event, and as luck would have it, Lois volunteered indirectly for the gig.  That was  the virtual beginning of the sisterhood we share today.  Before that, I knew only what I observed.  She KNEW everyone in the group.  She KNEW about ALL the goings on within it.  And SHE had a hella-sense of humor!  AFTER our stay together I KNEW these were all facts rather than assumptions .... and more ... so much more.
THAT was about four years ago (I think), and now ... our friendship seems as if it has been our entire lives!  SO HERE, MY LO - this one's for you!!
YOU are one of the most important people in my life.  I couldn't tell you exactly how, why, or when it happened.  Frankly it doesn't matter.  ONLY that it has, and I am eternally grateful of such.  You bring a fullness (and sometime freshness) to my life like no other.  That I have other friends I value equally has no bearing on what my life would lack if you were not part of it!  I adore you.  I wish I could remove the pain & stress that sometime envelopes your day.  I don't know how you do it sometimes, but you always have time for me.  You are so much more than you realize. (to SO many)    
    Our shared humor, our sisterhood is priceless and unmeasurable- and I find that just a day or two without some connection of typed word or such seems much longer at times.  I can never repay you for what you have added to my life, but I will try ... the best and for as long as I possibly can.  But no matter what-  ALWAYS remember how much you mean to me.  IF life were fair and just..... you would be wealthy and eternally happy.  BUT THEN ... if what you have been through is part of what brought you into my path ... then I'm sorry for your struggles, but not sorry for your arrival, I admit.   I love you and I hope to be attached at the hip for a long, LONG time!

No comments: