Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Celebrate being 29 !!
The Captain and I have had many things to celebrate in our years together. Sometimes they have been BIG celebrations.... with presents & fanfare. Romantic getaways, candle-lit dinners, cards or gatherings with friends or family. AND SOMETIMES ... they were just the Captain and I, for a meal or a walk, or even a conversation. SOMETIMES they are quiet ones ..... but R-E-A-L-L-Y important ones, really BIG ones !!!
Like today.
We're not sure exactly what this means. Neither does our Doc .... the treatment regimen I'm on is new, with a limited amount of stats to support specific expectations. TODAY, I became part of those stats in a positive way ... and we certainly hope it's not the last time in this same direction!! It was a long-awaited surprise that brought tears to the eyes of all 3 people in the Dr's office .... and as we left it's confines, my feet were not touching the floor, my lips were tired from grinning, my heart was hopping, and I was ready and HIGHLY willing to head to the treatment room for "my" dose of poison! Plug me in, shoot me up, pump it in, bring it on ....
It was a party I was ready for ... at that moment ... I was ready for anything & everything it takes to keep beating back this cancer that has invaded my body & taken away the normal I once took for granted. Don't get me wrong, I'm not nutty enough to put all my eggs into a single chemo basket - what I WILL DO is use it to give me strength to fight harder, and to believe ... that there is a chance that I can get more time .... to be with family & friends & ........
LIVE LOVE LAUGH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment