I've thought of you a lot the past few weeks. Partly because of things we would be sharing were you here- and of course because your birthday was coming up! It was another thing we shared ... our birthday month. About now- we would be making some of the plans for Palm Springs. Mappig out our favorite restaurants. Checking out the weather to see if we should take our bathing suits.I noted this as a "belated" birthday ... simply because it's been SO LONG since I could really greet you in the way I would do it if you were still here with me. Can I confide something to you ?? there have been times.... when I'm in those kinda dark places ... worrying more, scared .... sad ... and one of the things that helps is thinking about you being there ... on "the other side"- waiting for me when the time comes. I miss you mom- I admit I'm not ready yet, but I really, REALLY miss you.
I could use a little sign from you one of these days soon. OK, not so little ... I need a big one. I NEED to know you are there, watching over us. thinking about us.
REALLY !! (like ... now)
I made something today that you would have gotten a kick out of. Pretty colors that you loved so much yourself. I would have had to make YOU one first, then ... if I had the time energy & supplies- one for me too!! With my new leaf turned over that includes a tree for each upcoming holiday .... I decided I would kick this one off with it's own special wreath as well. I was feeling the V-day" creative bug .. so it worked out.
I'm patient mom ... but even so- can you let me know you're around? (soon)
Just sayin' ......

No comments:
Post a Comment