with MINIMAL help from our now-single-cat resident, Monkey … I managed to de-Christmas the house today (almost). The Christmas village still stands (still lit up)- and frankly... I'm NOT SURE when I will get it put away. It takes more thoughtful packing strategy than I am willing to put forth at this point. The plus side of taking on this major chore ... through my gentle nagging, got the Captain to sort out a huge section of the attic since we were already in the area !! It's one of those things that drives me totally nuts .... moving things around to get to other things ... when the first things that were moved have been moved numerous times already. Anyway- it took some finesse, but I managed to convince him to just do it ......
As much as I love the festive-ness of the ho-ho-ho decor, I REALLY appreciate the simplicity of things when it's all cleared away. I DO appreciate the excuse of leaving it out this long (due to company coming & going our holiday guests)- since it's such a timely project! My adorable neighbor probably would love it if she had to skip decorating altogether- but she accents her home beautifully during the holidays- despite her abhorrence to clutter.... but she DOESN'T DELAY is packing it back up, given ANY excuse!! I once saw it disappear by Christmas night! But I digress .....
I have decided to initiate my first-ever Valentine tree. While packing away the most recent holiday, I was already planning for the upcoming one. (what a concept for me) Truth be admitted ... I was grumbling when I saw all the pink & red lining the shelves at the store recently ... only to find that I am brainstorming my own ideas in pink, red, & white. In previous years, I have used a 3' white tree used in my craft studio for Christmas. It didn't make it out of it's storage box in December- but will debut in a couple of weeks & bask for about a month I think. THIS time around- it may contain more ribbons & bows of color than ornaments, but if all goes well- maybe I'll consider converting it to a St Patty's tree ??!? (Easter? Mem Day? 4th of July, etc??) FOR NOW ... I shall ponder how to get it started........


No comments:
Post a Comment